In Person Courses
Amateur Radio Basic Classes – Starting Sept 7,2022
The Charlottetown Amateur Radio Club is preparing to deliver in-person classes for the Basic Qualification license. We will teach all of the elements required to successfully pass the license examination.
UPDATE: JULY 18,2022
Starting September 7th and going for 12 weeks, ending Nov 23rd for the exam. Classroom time is from 7PM to 9PM
The course will be held this fall, starting on September 7th at the Charlottetown Red Cross PEI HQ, 29 Paramount Drive Charlottetown in the conference room.
- The cost will be $100 which includes the purchase of the study guide
- There are no COVID restrictions however we will provide sanitizer, masks and hand wipes to anyone who wishes to use them
- Exams will be run at the end of the course, at no extra charge. Main topics covered will be:
- Regulations and Policies
- Operating and Procedures
- Station Assembly, Practice and Safety
- Circuit Components
- Basic Electronics and Theory
- Feedlines and Antenna Systems
- Radio Wave Propagation, and
- Interference and Suppression
There are no age limits or prerequisites for the course. We recommend that students come with a basic understanding of mathematics.
Sign Up Here:
ONLINE Courses Available:
An Online Basic Amateur Radio Course is available that the Halifax ARC and Annapolis Valley ARC use. It was developed by Al Penney VO1NO with input from several Canadian Clubs
Morse Code / CW Classes – Coming Soon!
The Charlottetown Amateur Radio Club is looking to host Morse code classes in a group learning format. This is meant to compliment your Amateur Radio license or simply to allow you to learn something new. No specific certification is provided at the end however after the course the club may do a weekly or monthly HF net using Morse code for the purpose of keeping up skills and knowledge.
The format and date is yet to be determined but will depend on interest. Sign up below to get on the list to be notified when we will be running the course and a preference as to class times.
Sign Up Here: