Field Day 2023
Field Day has been an annual event since 1933 and remains the most popular event in ham radio. The event will have local licensed amateur radio operators provide demonstrations for people to learn more about amateur radio and its importance in communications. You can also join in the fun and with the supervision of a licensed operator you can make a contact with other operators from around the world over the air waves.
Victoria Park Field Day:Facebook event here
The Charlottetown Amateur Radio Club will be hosting an open house (field day) on Saturday, June 24, 3:00pm-8:00pm and Sunday, June 25, 12:00noon to 3:00pm. The location for the event will be Victoria Park close to the Kiwanis Dairy Bar.
Charlottetown Amateur Radio Club President, Bill McMaster says, “This year, the event will be totally renewable energy powered. The ability to use low power to communicate worldwide shows the versatility of amateur radio for communications world-wide.”
Victoria Park, Charlottetown, PEI
Darnley Field Day: Facebook event here
This event will be focused on larger tower installations, higher wattage transmitting and generator usage for emergency operations
23 Crafer Road, Darnley, PEI
June 24-25, 2023
ARRL Field Day
ARRL Field Day is the most popular on-the-air event held annually in the US and Canada. On the fourth weekend of June, more than 35,000 radio amateurs gather with their clubs, groups or simply with friends to operate from remote locations.
What did we do there?
- Setting up a number of large antenna arrays
- Eating lots of good food, and having BBQs
- We will make lots of QSO’s (contacts) and generally had a lot of fun ‘playing radio’ for over the weekend.
- Competing against other Ham radio operators across North America for QSO’s
- There will also be some POTA activity as well during the weekend (Parks On The Air)
- Meet and Greet if you’re interested in learning about Amateur radio or interested in getting into the hobby
Last Updated on June 24, 2023 by admin